Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday

So last night I had an incredible dream, which involved chasing down drug runners in a car driven by Grant Gustafson. At one point, they had set up a blockade in this parking structure, and were waiting with guns drawn for us to drive through. Gustafson said something about having the element of surprise, so we drove (at a very reasonable speed) up to the blockade, then turned around. The drug runners promptly freaked out and couldn't shoot us properly, so we got away from the blockade, but then we got up to a traffic light and had to duck down beneath the level of the windows so the car would stop the bullets. However, since we were outside, they didn't dare shoot us, because they would have lost business for some reason, so we were all right.

Then I woke up and looked at my cellphone to see what time it was. 8:33?! Crap, I set my alarm for 6:55 because I had to be at work at 9:00! Except, when I looked closer at my alarm, I had set it for 6:55pm instead of 6:55am.

Then I looked out the window and it was snowing. It's May 24, and it's SNOWING. WHAT.

I finally got to work 35 minutes late, thanks to a) waking up 90 minutes late and b) snow-bound traffic. On the walk from the parking lot over to the math building, I was wading through a good inch worth of wet slush, which promptly infiltrated my shoes and irrigated my socks. Which became cold. So my feet were cold.

Ah Mondays.

No comments: