Saturday, July 04, 2009

Things that are good

  1. Harper Lee's classic To Kill a Mockingbird. I promise that it's been too long since you've read this book. Here's a few gem quotes:
    • "Naw, Jem, I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."
    • "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
    • "Well, I'm gonna be a new kind of clown. I'm gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks."

  2. Bob Marley. There's a good reason he'll go down as the best reggae artist ever.
  3. Holst's "Jupiter" - especially his artful combination of two rather disparate themes.
  4. The Killers' "Shadowplay".
  5. Can you tell I went to the music store twice in as many days?
  6. The OTHER birthday present I got my mom!
  7. Being done with RAing math summer camp!
  8. The bread pudding I'll be making tomorrow (the bread for which is sitting out on some hastily improvised and completely AWESOME staling-out racks).
  9. Planetariums, Hoberman spheres, and Foucalt pendulums.


And just for variety, two things that is not good:
  1. Inconsistent naming schemes in IDV3 tags for classical music.
  2. Inconsistent labeling of artists that makes an album split into several pieces when you import it into iTunes.
  3. Both my grammar and numbering skills.

No comments: