Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ten things that are pretty cool

  1. Me. (Just thought I'd get that one out of the way right off the bat.)
  2. Last night, I decided that inasmuch as I was getting a paycheck today, I would purchase a CD that's been going through my head lately. It's a guy named Paolo Nutini, or to Cara, "Italian Guy". It is good musics. Pretty laid-back, acoustic, but with enough rock and pop influences to keep things interesting. I recommend it, especially if you can pick it up for cheap.
  3. The story of how I actually got it last night is also pretty cool. I went to the FYE on 7th and 21st (because I thought about it after I had already driven past Graywhale, which is my preferred CD buying location). I'm all about buying used CD's, because I think it helps the CD's feel good about life again, after being abandoned by their previous owners. Plus it's cheap, and I'm cheap. So I checked the used racks, couldn't find it. So I checked the new racks, couldn't find it. Dang! I went up to the counter to ask the lady if all their stock was out, but found myself poking through the alluring 40% Off box right by the checkout line. Lo and behold, the very CD I had wished to purchase! So I ended up getting it for like $10. Sweet.
  4. Rubio's fish tacos.
  5. TurboTax online free federal e-filing. Easy, user-friendly, fast and accurate.
  6. My anticipated $220 tax return.
  7. Having lunch at Red Robin with my sisters and some cousins.
  8. Holy cow, the weather today!
  9. Getting paid to work on your homework. (I watched the desk at the department office for an hour today during a staff meeting. One of my classmates dropped by to give someone something, and we ended up solving one of the problems. Nice.)
  10. Ice.
  11. I had sushi for dinner tonight.
  12. Getting two extra things that are pretty cool for free!

1 comment:

Dinnertime Blues said...

Wow! I agree on 8 out of 10 cool things on your list.