Sunday, December 07, 2008

Mitt hjerte alltid vanker

The following are the lyrics to Mitt hjerte alltid vanker, a Norwegian Christmas song, here translated into English.

My heart doth always wander
To Jesus' manger bed.
His lowly birth I ponder;
To Him my thoughts are led.
My yearning finds assurance,
And faith renews so bright,
When I recall with reverence
That blessed Christmas night.

Ah come, dear Lord, be with me,
And in my heart reside.
Sweet comfort Thou shalt give me;
Come, Jesus, here abide.
To my heart be no stranger -
Thy home it e'er shall be.
And as within the manger
My love shall cradle Thee.

Thy holy crib I'll honor
And round it palm leaves lay.
To Thee alone, dear Savior,
I give my life each day.
Come, grant me heav'nly pleasure
And true delight impart.
For Thou art my soul's treasure,
Born deep within my heart.

No comments: