Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good news

Last night was way fun, but I'll direct you to Erin's account for the videos, since I don't have them and words won't do justice to the jam-flipping thing. :D

Today was a day full of doing stuff regarding my grad school application. I called the graduate program coordinator at the math department, and she said she handed my file to the guy who reviews the applications. Hurrah!

I went out to SLCC to get the transcript I needed to submit with my applications (yes, plural - I'm applying both for graduate studies and non-matriculated status, just in case I can't get in the math program), and then headed up to the U to turn them in. The lady said that since I was submitting both at once, I didn't need to pay both application fees, just the one. Hurrah again!

Then when I returned home from watching my friend play Crysis (cool enough game so far, but I'm not all that impressed, honestly - maybe I'll give an unofficial review later), I checked my email and found an email from the third professor I asked to write me a letter of recommendation! Hurrah once more!

So basically, grad school is looking more and more possible. :) oh, and the jam things at Village Inn can be made into a toy

3 comments:

Laverna said...

And there was much rejoicing! I remember having to jump through all those stupid hoops to get graduated, hired, still jumping to get the teaching license (I know, I already have the job, it's silly like that). Which reminds me, I need to call my advisor. Apparently the Board of Education is changing how they're doing the certification process. Let's hope it isn't too complicated. (Or expensive)

red said...

Huzzah! Just in the nick of time - Sweet! If it's this difficult to even get into Grad school, it makes one wonder what you'll face once officially enrolled...

Those video's are almost as entertaining as the activity. I started laughing and almost crying watching them again.

The little shiny thing escaped...

Spencer said...

Aw man. *puts out an APB on the little shiny thing*